Saturday, September 11, 2004

Welcome to Random Writings

Welcome to Kev's cornucopia of random writings.

First the basics: I am a 37 year-old Australian, living in North Queensland. For overseas readers, that's the North Eastern coast of Australia, above the tropic of Capricorn. Due to illness, my ability to work is limited and I find that writing is one of the tasks that I can continue, although, this is generally restricted to writing for 15 minutes before resting for 1 - 2 hours.

Authors have told me that one method of improving your writing skills is to write daily. On reflection, this appears to be simple yet accurate advice, along the lines of "practice makes perfect".

This blog is designed to help get me into the habit of writing regularly, and it will allow me to cover a wide range of different topics without disrupting the integrity and continuity of my 2 other blogs which are restricted to the topics of health fraud (AKA alternative medicine) and critical thinking.

There is another blog that I am the author of, but that blog is under a different name and is the blog for a local organisation. The blog allows me to report on the organisations social activities, educations activities and public service duties that the organisation does on behalf of the local community. I will keep details of that organisation separate as the views that may appear on my various blogs may not represent the views of that organisation or it's members.
Well, that's all for this first blog on my road to becoming a better writer.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home